ENOUGH - It Fits
Summary: Life can have many challenges and difficult moments. We come into this world trying to "find our place." How do we fit in our family? Among our friends? How do we relate to others around us - even those far from us geographically? In addition to that, we have the challenge of how to make life "work." How to make it through challenging times and overcome past hurts and failures. Finally, how do we tackle the nagging question of why we are here? All of these answers can only be found in Jesus. It is in Him that "it fits."
Key Scripture (Colossians 1:15-17): He is the image of the invisible God, the firstborn of all creation. 16For by him all things were created, in heaven and on earth, visible and invisible, whether thrones or dominions or rulers or authorities- all things were created through him and for him. 17And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together
He is the Creator of ALL
- Psalm 102:25-27 - Of old you laid the foundation of the earth, and the heavens are the work of your hands. 26They will perish, but you will remain; they will all wear out like a garment. You will change them like a robe, and they will pass away, 27but you are the same, and your years have no end.
- Isaiah 44:24 - Thus says the Lord, your Redeemer, who formed you from the womb: “I am the Lord, who made all things, who alone stretched out the heavens, who spread out the earth by myself…
- John 1:3 - All things were made through him, and without him was not any thing made that was made.
- Hebrews 1:2 But in these last days he has spoken to us by his Son, whom he appointed the heir of all things, through whom also he created the world.
The Bible and Darkness:
- Matthew 6:22-23—“The eye is the lamp of the body. So, if your eye is healthy, your whole body will be full of light, 23 but if your eye is bad, your whole body will be full of darkness. If then the light in you is darkness, how great is the darkness!
- Matthew 25:30—And cast the worthless servant into the outer darkness. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’
- Luke 22:53—When I was with you day after day in the temple, you did not lay hands on me. But this is your hour, and the power of darkness.”
- John 8:12—Again Jesus spoke to them, saying, “I am the light of the world. Whoever follows me will not walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.”
- Acts 26:18—to open their eyes, so that they may turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins and a place among those who are sanctified by faith in me.’
- 2 Corinthians 6:14—Do not be unequally yoked with unbelievers. For what partnership has righteousness with lawlessness? Or what fellowship has light with darkness?
- Ephesians 6:12—For we do not wrestle against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the cosmic powers over this present darkness, against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly places.
- 2 Peter 2:4— For if God did not spare angels when they sinned, but cast them into hell and committed them to chains of gloomy darkness to be kept until the judgment
- 2 Peter 2:17—These are waterless springs and mists driven by a storm. For them the gloom of utter darkness has been reserved.
Held Together in Him
- Hebrews 1:3 - He is the radiance of the glory of God and the exact imprint of his nature, and he upholds the universe by the word of his power.
- Colossians 1:17 - And he is before all things, and in him all things hold together.
- Romans 11:36 - For from him and through him and to him are all things. To him be glory forever. Amen.
- Proverbs 16:4 - The Lord has made everything for its purpose, even the wicked for the day of trouble.
- Isaiah 43:21 - The people whom I formed for myself that they might declare my praise.