And you shall love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.
-Mark 12:30 (ESV)
FIRST THINGS FIRST
The first things Jesus asks of someone who wants to be His follower is "Do you love Me?" We believe that God is at work in people's lives to draw them to Jesus - to love Him, serve Him, and know renewal in their lives. If God is warming your heart towards Jesus, we encourage you to run to Him - you will never regret it!
HELPS AND TOOLS
Become Like Jesus
we are to grow up in every way into him who is the head, into Christ.
-Ephesians 4:15 (ESV)
RESOURCES TO HELP YOU GROW
- Discipleship Triads - groups of three people that meet together weekly for Bible study, encouragement, and prayer
- Christianity 101 - a 13-week class that covers the basics of Bible teaching and growing in the Christian life
- Emotionally Healthy Spirituality - an 8-week course designed to help you deal with roadblocks to spiritual growth
Therefore, we are ambassadors for Christ, God making his appeal through us. We implore you on behalf of Christ, be reconciled to God.
-2 Corinthians 5:20
OPPORTUNITIES TO SHARE JESUS
At Renew we are about sharing God's Good News to us in Jesus - how could we keep silent about such a great gift! Here are some places where we have the opportunity to share Jesus:
- Horizons Kid's Ministry
- Horizons Outreach Ministry
- Other outreach opportunities
Sharing Jesus can be intimidating - but it doesn't have to be. It is called "witnessing" because we simply witness what God has done in us. However, training in how to have spiritual conversations and be sensitive to God's leading, as well as how to articulate the Gospel in different situations, is helpful. If you are interested in training, please select the button below and sign-up.